Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

Dave
Status on support for other vendors...specifically PostgreSQL?

Re: Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

Chris M.
I'm also interested in other vendor support, since I run in an all Linux/Unix environment.  Open source or DB2 would be great to have supported.

Re: Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

We would love to add support for other databases, but we need help from someone experienced with those databases. If you have an interest in joining the development team in order to build SQL generation for other databases, please let me know and I will get you started.

Since we have moved the code for the SQL generation to our template language (sisula), anyone who wants to make a port needs only a good understanding of the target database and a minimal knowledge of JavaScript. In other words, there are no technical obstacles from a programming point of view.

There may, however, be technical obstacles from a database feature point of view. There is, for example, no support for table elimination in MySQL, which means all features cannot be ported. Both DB2 and PostgreSQL have table elimination, but I am not sure if other features are missing, such as the ability to create parametrized views, clustered indexes (or index organized tables), foreign keys, column statistics, etc...

Re: Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

Venum
"The Anchor Modeler, our online modeling tool, currently only supports the automatic generation of code targeted for Microsoft SQL Server. Support for other vendors is in the works."

Status on support for other vendors...specifically PL/SQL?

Re: Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

Noone is currently working on Oracle support that I am aware of. The limited support in the test version is all there is at the moment. There are a couple of active PostgreSQL projects though, that can be found as forks/branches on github.

Re: Anchor Modeler SQL Code Generation

rbellamy
The PG/SQL work we've done at https://github.com/terradatum/anchor will translate more readily to PL/SQL than the MSSQL dialect.