Anchor Modeling & PostgreSQL

camielcoenen
In a previous post, you mentioned features which you liked to see implemented in MariaDB:

1. Parametrized views and/or table valued functions
2. More than 63 joins in a view
3. Clustered indexes
4. Table elimination on foreign keys
5. Indexing sort order (asc, desc)
6. JOIN FIRST or LEAD/LAG or KEEP with DENSE_RANK

Which of these features are implemented in PostgreSQL ? I believe that table elimination was introduced in version 9.0 of PostgreSQL, which is called 'join removal' by the PostgreSQL people.

Re: Anchor Modeling & PostgreSQL

camielcoenen
I looked up the features for PostgreSQL myself and most of the functionality seems to be there:

-parametrized views
-clustered indexes
-table elimination (since 9.0)
-indexing sort order
-support for DENSE RANK

Re: Anchor Modeling & PostgreSQL

There are some Dutch efforts in which PostgreSQL have been used for Anchor Modeling. I'm not up to speed with how they are performing right now, but I was involved in working on a few issues some months ago. I've also seen that the latest versions seem to have support for more interesting features that can be used to speed things up.

If/when I have the time, PostgreSQL is a likely candidate for becoming the next supported database. If you would like to help out it would be very appreciated ;)

Anyone else interested in helping out with PostgreSQL support?

Re: Anchor Modeling & PostgreSQL

chris
I'm currently making a simplified version of anchor modeling for Postgres.  Simplification means reducing a lot of options, dropping metadata (for now), dropping knots, etc.  The currently (untested) implementation is written
in PHP and uses scriptella. Its real messy right now, but if anyone wants to look at it, let me know.

Re: Anchor Modeling & PostgreSQL

I would like to look at it, and see how much work it would be to port it to sisula. Now that we've switched from XSLT to sisula, it is much easier to simplify generation, since it is already modularized. If you would be interested in helping out with the port I can add you to our development team and give you access to Google Code, where the code is hosted.

Can you mail me a code example to lars.ronnback@anchormodeling.com?