Coordinates

Julia Rakitina
Hello :)
I find your tool great! Good job!
I am developer in mobile operator and I need clarify one question
1) Is it possible set strong coordinate (positions) to nodes? (I need create network topology and locate it on the map, so I need strong positions, importunately your tutorial page goes not show all videos, only last one) ?

Re: Coordinates

Julia Rakitina
And second question
2) My equipment MySql+Solaris10+php5 is it ok with MySql ?

Re: Coordinates

Hi Julia,

First, the tool itself is used only for modeling information with the intent of implementing the model in a database. This tool cannot graphically model network topologies. However, the layout algorithm used in the tool can be used to layout any type of graph. I recently used the same algorithm to layout and interact with social network graphs.

I am not sure if this is what you are asking, but yes, if you know JavaScript you can copy the layout algorithm into your own tool and use it to layout network topologies. You could also with little effort port the algorithm to another programming language. The algorithm works on the concept of nodes and edges in a non-directed graph. It supports nodes and edges that already have an initial (x, y)-position set. The algorithm itself does not depend on any database.

On the other hand, if you are asking if you can generate code for MySQL, for example for building a data warehouse, then you cannot. We currently only support Microsoft SQL Server. MySQL will not be supported as a target platform until their query optimizer reaches the same level of maturity as those of other vendors. MariaDB is a feature complete substitute for MySQL, but with a much improved query optimizer. It also runs on Solaris.

Re: Coordinates

Julia Rakitina
Thank you for your support :) I've got all answers I need. It does not appropriate tool for my task, but maybe I can use part of your code. Anyway great tool