How to run the AM modeler in IIS/Windows

How to run the AM modeler in IIS/Windows

SteveCooperOrg
Hi, all.

I thought I'd share the very few steps required to get a local copy of the Anchor Modeling tool running. This worked for me on 2013/01/10, using Windows 7, IIS 7.5, and Chrome.

1) Get the source from https://code.google.com/p/anchormodeler/source/checkout
2) Check out the source in the subversion repo. I used http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/ as a client and it worked fine.
3) Open IIS Manager (Start |  Run... | 'inetmgr' | OK) and find your default site at <local>\Sites\Default Web Site
4) Right-click and 'Add Virtual Directory'
5) Set alias="AM" and Physical path to the checkout directory (should have index.html in the directory)
6) Select the 'AM' virtual directory, now at <local>\Sites\Default Web Site\AM
7) Double-click the 'MIME Types' icon
8) Click 'Add...' and add ext='.directive', MIME Type='text/plain'

It then runs if you visit http://localhost/AM.

Re: How to run the AM modeler in IIS/Windows

rogge
Thank you very much; this is very helpful...

I used your information for a VS2013 project.

1) get the subversion code
2) add it to an empty VS web project
3) edit Web.config by adding the static content.

<configuration>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5" />
    <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
    <staticContent>
      <remove fileExtension=".directive" />
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".directive" mimeType="text/plain" />
    </staticContent>

  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

4) debug the program.

NOTE: Chrome doesn't always use the latest index.html so you may wish to add a line to not cache that page.