Logging who made the change

Richard Giraud
Hello

This is an exciting tool that solves a lot of the issues I encounter in projects. However, there may be one shortcoming. In addition to recording when a change is made, I need to record who and why. Is there a way to extend historicization to include this info while still profiting from the automated tools?  The list of people is already in the database but the "why" field will be individual to each commit and is optional.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Logging who made the change

Chris
Hi Richard,

Is it possible to accomplish what you want using posits and metadata? I don't know for sure, and I defer to anyone who may have more experience. I'm interested to know myself.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Logging who made the change

It is correct that turning on "Use metadata" in the tool is the solution to storing additional information, as who or why information was added. Metadata will ensure that every row has a 'pointer' to some other (metadata) model, which you can make so it suits your needs.