Naming Rules for Business Views

ChrisGelhaus
Hello,
Can someone provide a little more information on the naming rules required when enabling Business Views? I understand they must follow the same uniqueness rules as mnemonics? Is this uniqueness enforced by the modeling tool?

Thank you,
Chris

Re: Naming Rules for Business Views

Chris, the business naming rules are not enforced by the current version of the tool. However, when SQL code is generated you will get a warning if you have naming clashes, with the details of where they appear. The problem with enforcing them in the tool is that you can switch business views on and off, so we need new logic that validates everything when you switch them on. The mnemonic validation is done case by case, when you close the editing context menu. It's not a major undertaking, so it's on our list of TODOs :)