Retroactive-supported function - value of 'X' on dateY, when asked on dateZ

Retroactive-supported function - value of 'X' on dateY, when asked on dateZ

dhartford
Hi all,
I'm new to anchor modelling, but I'm reviewing to see how well it handles temporal data, including retroactive data.  I do not pretend to be a datawarehouse expert, so forgive me if I do not use the right terms :-)

From a business point of view, an 'entity' may have retroactive changes. For example, a large online ordering company may offer a 'retroactive' discount to everyone who purchased a particular product if the number of orders go beyond some business rule.

event start: 1/1/2012 Widget  $10.00  in effect as of 1/1/2012

...orders get placed....

All orders placed after 6/1/2012 Widget $8.00 in effect as of 7/13/2012 (goes in effect after, but retroactively applies depending on *when* you are asking about the price).

In reviewing the tooling, the current function only supports one date:

-- WD_WIDGET viewed as was (at the given timepoint)

PROPOSED:

What I would like is a function that supports two dates, the date in time you are asking about (the order was placed on 6/4/2012), but the second date of *when* asked would provided different results (if asked on 6/4/2012-7/12/2012, it would be $10, but the same order on 6/4 when asked on 7/14 now is $8).  I understand order is a different entity and unrelated, but using it as a business example to show context.

Does this make sense, and is this something already in the works?

Re: Retroactive-supported function - value of 'X' on dateY, when asked on dateZ

Have you tried to change "Temporalization" from: Monotemporal to: Bitemporal in the "Defaults" menu, and does that give you the functionality you want? The point-in-time perspective will then take two arguments, changing date and recording date.