Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

delostilos
Hi,

I watched the sisula ETL framework videos. Like the framework from what I can see.
Looks like it is now targeted at SQL Server in combination with SQL Server Agent.

Maybe we can create a PostgreSQL specific branch. It can use the PgAgent scheduler and the newly created PG version of the Anchormodling templates.

Just an idea that came up. I like the fact that we can build an ETL/ELT environment using JavaScript, it makes it platform independent.

Regards,
JJ.

Re: Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

That is a great idea and it would be great to have others to discuss development with. I hardly know any PostgreSQL though. Do you have a github user? I can add you to the project so you can create your own branch. You are free to fork also if you'd prefer that.

Re: Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

rbellamy
We like this idea too, and are interested in collaborating on it further.

Re: Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

I'll do what I can to help you both if you decide to give it a go. I'm also a newbie at github, so I am not sure how to best set this up. Shall we have different branches or different forks for different database targets? Ideally, the common parts (like Sisulator.js) should live apart from those such that it easily can be merged into all branches/forks, so I am guessing it would be best to sort out the structure first?

Re: Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

delostilos
Hi Lars,

My github username is delostilos. I think creating a branch is fine.
But we have to split the platform specific parts like it is done in the modeling tool.
We need a SQL part and a scheduler part I think.

I imagine that it should be possible to use PgAgent in PostgreSQL or ŚQL Server Agent in SQL Server while having your Anchor model in SQL Server, Oracle or on a different database platform. Although it is nicer to have them on the same platform.

Regards,
JJ.

Re: Sisula ETL on PostgreSQL

I've added you as a contributor to the project on github. Feel free to make a PostgreSQL branch :)