What is Metadata_XX column for?

SteveCooperOrg
I've just got a working AM created, and found that in order to do an insert, I need to include a Metadata_XX value, eg;

    insert into lUs_User (US_USE_User_Username, US_DOM_User_DomainName, Metadata_US) values ('Steve', 'domainname', 1)

Can anyone explain what the Metadata column is for, and it it is possible to default it somehow? I'm trying to replace a table, and I'd like the l-view to have the same columns as the original table so that my ORM doesn't choke.

On that note, is it possible and desirable to change the names of views and columns, so that they are a more traditional view (eg, instead of [lUser].[US_DOM_User_DomainName], give me [User].[DomainName])

Re: What is Metadata_XX column for?

seansummers
I believe that the Metadata_* fields are for linking to IDs in another Anchor Model that has provenance information for the data you are loading.

If you don't want to track that yet, you should probably uncheck "Use Metadata" from the Defaults menu before generating your SQL. As far as I can tell, it is a destructive change that cannot be incrementally applied to your model after first deployment.

Re: What is Metadata_XX column for?

SteveCooperOrg
That's great, sean -- so I can just remove it in my case, then. I'll give it a go!