Will there be support to export models to MariaDB?

me

Will there be support to export models to MariaDB?

me
Well, the subject really says it all: MariaDB seems to be a more and more mature DBMS, it supports table elimination (in contrast to MySQL) which is important to make anchor-modelling-style SQL statements run efficiently.

Will there be support for creating the necessary tables and - more importantly! - the INSERT triggers?

Thanks for the answer, and even more thanks iff this is going to be implemented.

(DISCLAIMER: I had a look at the XSLT transformations for SQL Server and Oracle in the source code repository and I know that in theory I could implement it myself, but quite frankly, I am not that comfortable with XSLT and friends.)

Re: Will there be support to export models to MariaDB?

I would like to see model export to MariaDB, but currently we have no resources available for such an extension. I don't even know how to begin to write an insert trigger in MariaDB, so the best way to get this functionality quickly is if we get some help :)

There are a few caveats with MariaDB, which I tried to sort out with Monty et al. about a year ago, but as I understand it they have been focusing on other requirements (from a big client). I don't know where they are at with those right now.

1. Parametrized views and/or table valued functions
2. More than 63 joins in a view
3. Clustered indexes
4. Table elimination on foreign keys
5. Indexing sort order (asc, desc)
6. JOIN FIRST or LEAD/LAG or KEEP with DENSE_RANK

Ordered by priority.