cannot save public model

BasVanDenBerg
Hi Lars,
I wanted to share a model with a friend, so I selected public scope when saving it. It seems to work because I get the message that saving was succesfull. However I cannot find it when browsing the public models.

Of course, now I understand that I probably don't have permission to save with public scope, but it would be nice if the tool would return an error.

Kind regards,
Bas

Re: cannot save public model

Ivo Clemens
Hi,

One way of sharing models is using the XML export and import from local file. (I haven't used that one yet). But if you and the person you want to share your model with have acces to the same computer, there is another way:
- Open the model you wish to share in the Online Modeler page
- close the Online Modeler page, and log out of your gmail account
- the modeler will ask you to sign in. If you now sign in with the other account, your model is now also in his private models.

Ivo

Re: cannot save public model

We are discussing how to add "collaboration" to the cloud features. As it is now, even if you save it as a public model you will still be the only one with write access. All others will have read access.

The preferred way to collaborate seems to be to exchange XML files right now, and/or keep them in a versioning control system.